Donnie Berkholz wrote:

I've just started up a list of clusters with >=32 cores using Gentoo [1]
that I found using Google. It should show up on the web nodes in roughly
an hour. If you have any to add to the list, or corrections or updates
to it, please let me know.
OK, I'll report in.

We're running a highavailability cluster with currently 108 server with roughly 216 cores. It's a mixed environment based on amd64, P4 and Xeons which we're currently extending to 178 servers with 356 cores.

We're using the cluster to run a community networking website a la MySpace or Friendster.

It basically falls apart in three different high-availability clusters
mysql replication-based cluster
apache webfarm
squidfarm

All servers are running gentoo.
If you would like more info feel free to contact me.

I saw on the project page that a new sub-project is working on high-availability clusters. Who do I contact for more information ?

Thanx

Ramon

--
To be stupid and selfish and to have good health are the three requirements for
happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, the others are useless.

Gustave Flaubert