openMosix 2.6 is still in development, and no user tools are
available yet. You must not compile 2.4 source w/gcc-4, it works
with gcc-2/3 only. And if you start from stage, choose no-nptl
version as nptl is not supported in 2.4, but is in glibc-2.4 which
is not downgradeble. Make sure to downgrade couple things like
kernel headers after choosing 2.4 profile.
--- Begin Message ---
Hi everyone.  My name's Dan Farrell and to be brief I have had rotten
luch configuring my openmosix cluster's first node.

what i really need is a howto on doing openmosix with 2.6 that isn't a
stub that doesn't help at all... can anyone direct me to a decent guide
for 2.6 openmosixing?

I am running gentoo 2006.1 and an openmosix-2.6.12-r577 kernel.  I
have attempted to install openmosix-user-0.3.6-r3 and the
configuration fails with:

   checking for /usr/src/linux/include/hpc/comm.h....no

and then an appropriate error explaining that  the build failed because
openMosix header files weren't found.  But the file is there; I have no
idea why this happens.  I can only assume that the version of
openmosix-user i was emerging was only good with 2.4 kernels, which are
the only unmasked ones...probably not a coincidence.  unfortunately my
2.4 kernel utterly failed to build (incompatibility w/ gcc 4+?)  so I
have no option but to reinstall gcc or downgrade, or find another
clusterning method. ; (

I have lots of gentoo experience (since 2002, when we had mosix 2.4
working ... ) and am reasonably intelligent.  can anyone point me in
the right direction?

Thanks  a whole lot.  Sincerely, Dan Farrell