Joshua Morris wrote:
What other alternatives are there?  Can anyone share their installation
tips and help some of us that are new to clustering but familiar with
Gentoo.  I am looking to build something when I can run multiple vm's on
a cluster and load balance the vm's across the cluster.  Anyone doing
anything similar to this?

Thank you,
Joshua
We've been asking the same question where I work. We're wanting to re-do and increase performance in a few lab setups and thought openmosix would be a great option. If there aren't tools available for a 2.6 kernel, we may have to keep using the current setup: NIS / NFS / autofs / afs setup with users loging in to specific machines. One group tried condor, but really isn't happy with it at all.

Any suggestions?

Ted Rodgers
Robotics, CMU