Hi Jason,

Jason schrieb:

> If you haven't already, try this [1] out. Could you attach mm_emerge?
>
> hth,
>
> Jason.
>
> [1] - http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/embedded/cross-development.xml

I was using [1] to write mm_emerge:

(build) hive / # cat /mediamachine/tools/mm_emerge
#!/bin/bash

check_bind || bind_dirs

# source and export vars
. /mediamachine/tools/vars
export PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT ROOT

cp /etc/passwd /tmp
cp /etc/shadow /tmp
cp /etc/group /tmp

# run emerge
emerge $*

echo "****** passwd diff *******"
diff /tmp/passwd /etc/passwd
mv -f /tmp/passwd /etc/passwd
echo "###### shadow diff ######"
diff /tmp/shadow /etc/shadow
mv -f /tmp/shadow /etc/shadow
echo "++++++ group diff +++++++"
diff /tmp/group /etc/group
mv -f /tmp/group /etc/group

With bind_dirs I bind some dirs, which I need for building, but not for
running my embedded system. The passwd/shadow/group stuff is there to
show me changes in these files, because they are made to my build system
and not to the embedded system in ROOT. /mediamachine/tools/vars
contains the definition of ROOT and PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT .

Concerning [1], if I would use cross compilation with ROOT and
PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT, would the same happen there? I mean, would some
packages be installed in the build system? That would be really bad,
wouldn't it?

Regards
Marc