Hi,

On Sun, 30 Apr 2017 15:56:02 +0300 Alex Efros wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On Sun, Apr 30, 2017 at 01:55:16PM +0200, SK wrote:
> > And it's not about money from what I've read, should read this if you
> > want some more information :
>
> If it's all just about credits, ego and personal conflict with LF - when
> they the hell it affects everybody else? AFAIK Gentoo Hardened and
> probably most other distributions which use GrSec/PaX have nothing with
> all of this. Wanna say "fuuuu" to LF? No prob, change license to say only
> listed Linux distributions may continue using GrSec/PaX for free.

They can't do this. Because GrSec/PaX is a derivative from Linux
kernel (and some other projects), so they can't change a license to
the kernel changes they made. If they do, this will be a clear
GPLv2 violation and the LF (as well as any other author of a
tiniest piece of the kernel) may sue them for the license violation.

> Also, if it's NSA case, next step will be to add backdoor into GrSec/PaX
> (I suppose everyone realize that) which will eventually ruin Open Source
> Security Inc. business anyway.

Not necessarily. NSA and affiliates also use Linux and are
interested in the enhanced security. So this company may just move
on the payroll.

But I agree with you that further discussion of possible external
enforcement is unproductive, because there is nothing we can do
here.

Best regards,
Andrew Savchenko