On Thu, Jun 15, 2006 at 07:39:14PM +0200, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
> First, we need to have a large set of topics (questions and answers) in a
> parseable format (I suppose XML is easiest here :). It might seem strange at
> first, because we don't have any technology to query them. Yet having a
> large set of topics will help us to identify good and bad technologies.
> After all, a knowledge base is as good as its search engine, and you can't
> test/validate a search engine without sufficient amount of topics.

Just a quick thought, what about the following XML format?

<kbase:issue id="...">
  <title>...</title>
  <maintainers>
    <dev>...</dev>
    <dev>...</dev>
  </maintainers>
  <keywords>
    <key>...</key>
    <key>...</key>
  </keywords>
  <synopsis>
  </synopsis>
  <environment>
  </environment>
  <analysis>
  </analysis>
  <solution>
  </solution>
</issue>

as text:

This isn't that difficult (e = emphasise, pre = code listing) without much
mark-up. I just thought emphasising text is important as well as the no-wrap
code blocks (<pre>).

> So, in short:
>   +------------------+---------------------------+--------------> time
>   | Create a generic | Write up topics in this   |
>   | XML format for   | XML format and store them |
>   | the topics.      | on the SVN repo           |
>   | Search for good candidates          | Test the candidates |

I just received one (1) draft topic from Kugelfang. Come on people, you're
all better than that :)

Wkr,
      Sven Vermeulen

--