On 06-09-2006 11:20:26 +0200, Grobian wrote:
> I updated some stuff in the tree, and I hope to have a running x86 linux
> system again (with Vim 7!) at the end of the week... but no promises!

Ok, I MADE IT!  Hehehe.... both system and world emerged, updated lots
of packages to their latest versions, and squashed a lot of bugs.

In particular:
- gcc-config and binutils-config now work with prefix (i.e. they allow
  to switch/set compiler/linker, wrappers know about prefix)
- I think I finally "got it right" with the toolchain (diffs are more
  minimal now)
- everything is committed to the prefix (svn) tree

I did everything on my amd athlon64 dual core machine (greatly speeds up
the process :)) running Fedora Gore 5, no-multilib (or at least that was
the intention, maybe I failed and do have multilib now).
The package.provided profile I have to check in somewhere, I think I'm
gonna make subdirs in the profile directory under the right
architecture.

--
Fabian Groffen
Gentoo for Mac OS X Project