Ben Ricker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a écrit : Note that this can als indicate that the Mobo battery that keeps the time synced when the power is off may be dead.

No no, today we are April 14th, 1976, and four days ago was April 10th, 1976, so time is actually kept  :-)

Thanks everyone, I'll try tonight as soon as I have my computer in front of me.

Cheers,

Y-Lan

But try the hwclock stuff first.

On 2/13/06, Christophe Choumert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Monday 13 February 2006 ! 13:36, Y-Lan Boureau wrote:
>   Does anyone know a fix to this -- either, how I could set correct time
> and date in Open Firmware, or allow Linux to remember its own time and
> date ?

The relevant option is in /etc/conf.d/clock :
---
# If you want to set the Hardware Clock to the current System Time
# during shutdown, then say "yes" here.

CLOCK_SYSTOHC="yes"
---

followed by
% rc-update add clock boot
to make sure it runs at boot and halt.

>   cheers,
>   Y-Lan

Cheers,
Christophe

PS: my MacOS X won't boot anymore either, I wish I knew why.