Hello Matthew

On Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 07:32:17AM +0000, Matthew Polashek wrote:
> I'm interested in making my Powerbook G4 1.5 17" a dual boot Gentoo

Which model exactly?

> Also, I'd like to use a kernel with the Ingo Molnar realtime
> preemption patch.

I don't know that specific patch, but preemption on PowerPC isn't what
you actually want. It causes programs to crash because of a corrupted
cache. It used to work when one enabled SMP, but I'm not sure wether
this is still the case.

Greets,
Michael

--
Gentoo Linux developer, http://hansmi.ch/, http://forkbomb.ch/
In most countries selling harmful things like drugs is punishable.