Hi Yuriy,

cfortran is in the main portage tree since yesterday, and it fixes the
examples problem. Please re-sync your portage tree.
If you find any problem with the packages in the scientific overlay,
please report them in bugs.gentoo.org. They usually have a corresponding
open bug, and if not, open a new one.

As a side note, you might find emerge -s (or eix) useful to search for a
package.

Regards,

Sébastien