Hello everyone,

I think my announcement is still a bit fresh, so you probably know that
I recently became a Gentoo dev.

One of the areas of interest for me is gentoo-science, more
specifically, sci-physics packages, as I actually work on development of
a geant sucessor, called geantv. So I would like to formally request to
join the science team and possibly I would like to maintain geant and
related packages on Gentoo if there isn't already someone maintaining
these packages. Here are some packages I am interested in maintaining:

sci-phyiscs/geant and related geant-docs, geant-data, etc.
sci-physics/root and related packages
dev-libs/vc (currently maintained by kde herd for some reason, used in geantv)
sci-physics/clhep, dependency of geant

If there is any of you around, I'm currently working at Fermilab (as a
visitor, as I'm a postdoc at a Brazilian university).

Well, nice to "meet" you all!

Best regards,
—Guilherme