More precisely we have a double prefix problem.

Long long time ago I had inserted a band aid in the ebuild
and it is still there:
        if use prefix; then
                cd "${ED}"/usr/share/eselect/libs || die
sed -i "s:ALTERNATIVESDIR_ROOTLESS=\"${EPREFIX}:ALTERNATIVESDIR_ROOTLESS=\":" alternatives.bash || die
        fi

Unfortunately I am not sure if it still applies, but what is
certain is that there are double prefix somewhere else and I am
chasing them.

The first instance seems to be in
usr/share/eselect/libs/alternatives-common.bash
which may just be where the original double prefix I corrected
ended up but that has to be checked.
Correcting it there is however insufficient to restore functionality,
as in `eselect blas set xxx` doesn't seem to create the required link.

Francois