On Fri, 2018-06-15 at 20:58 +0700, gro...@gentoo.org wrote:
> Hello *,
>
> For a long time I was scared to switch to the 17.0 profile - I was
> sure
> that recompiling the world will be a difficult and time-consuming
> affair
> with lots of errors. Finally, I decided to switch my office ~x86
> desktop
> (a rather old and weak desktop with a single-core pentium E5300). I
> was
> right - now most of useful stuff does not work. I am even more afraid
> do it with my main computer - a ~amd64 laptop with a 4-core intel i7.
> really need it to work normally.
>
> OK, now a question. I'm trying to restore normal working of cblas,
> blas,
> lapack and all programs based on them. I use the science overlay.
> I've
> removed (by force, with -C) cblas-reference, blas-reference,
> lapack-reference and the corresponding virtuals. I try to follow
>
> https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/User_talk:Houseofsuns
>
> I've installed app-admin/eselect::science. Emerging
> sci-libs/blas-reference::science fails with sandbox violation on
> trying to
> mkdir /etc/env.d/alternatives/blas. If I create it by hand and try
> again,
> then sandbox violation on mkdir
> /etc/env.d/alternatives/blas/reference. If
> I remove sandbox from FEATURES in my /etc/portage/make.conf, nothing
> changes - still sandbox violations.
>
> How can I emerge blas-reference::science?
>
> Andrey

I have similar errors, see e.g.: https://bugs.gentoo.org/658170,
https://bugs.gentoo.org/657984, https://bugs.gentoo.org/658034 or https
://bugs.gentoo.org/658026.
I have the feeling that theese problems with blas, lapack, atlas etc.
are not directly related to the 17.0 profile. I switched to the 17.0
profile in December and begin of January and I was still able to emerge
atlas Jan 3rd:

rose@lynxold:/home/rose/Txt/personal(132)$ genlop -t atlas
 * sci-libs/atlas

     Sat Jul  8 19:51:01 2017 >>> sci-libs/atlas-3.11.39
       merge time: 2 hours, 23 minutes and 17 seconds.

     Mon Jan  1 15:26:46 2018 >>> sci-libs/atlas-3.11.39
       merge time: 2 hours, 10 minutes and 44 seconds.

     Wed Jan  3 06:00:13 2018 >>> sci-libs/atlas-3.11.39
       merge time: 2 hours, 39 minutes and 32 seconds.

So maybe the new eselect is responsible for the issues.

Juergen