Hi Vladimir,

This is unfortunately due to sage’s direct dependency to “jmol”
(sage-jmol-bin these days) it used to be only a dependency
through the sage-notebook with the flag java. But sage uses jmol
directly for 3D plots as its default backend. I, and others -
including the people maintaining sage in debian - wish it weren’t
so :( Mostly because we have a very low opinion about jmol from
a packaging perspective.
It may be possible to use something else for 3D plots and make
jmol optional but that’s work I am not quite ready to commit to.

François