On Apr 12, 2005 10:40 AM, Dave Nebinger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > Here's a good starting reference that might help:
> > > http://www.2cpu.com/articles/113_1.html
> >
> > Thanks Dave. Lots and lots of info in that article. MythTV holds up
> > pretty well from a quick reading.
>
> The only thing that I didn't see was a video card recommendation w/ stable
> and supported video out under linux.

OK, I'll keep my eyes open for that. In this case I'm currently more
interested in getting the video recorded onto a hard drive vs. what it
might look like on my PC. I think my long term goal would be to have
some sort of network-based mpeg-2 converter sitting by the TV that I
could stream this data to, let it do the conversion and then watch on
the TV screen. (Like the XBox idea.)

We'll see. All of that is prettty far away at the moment.

Thanks,
Mark