On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 02:59:49PM -0400, John J. Foster wrote:
> Good afternoon,
>
> I feel that it is time to move to Gentoo. After a few years of RH,
> Fedora and Suse, I want better and more precise control over my system.
> My problem, maybe, is that I only have a 28.8 modem connection to the
> net. But, I want to start installation from stage1 in order to be able
> to build _everything_ from scratch. At work I have access to a high
> speed connection and could easily download sources from there.
>
> My browsing through the Gentoo 2005.0 Handbook _seems_ to say this is
> not possible. Is that true? If so, I would gladly buy the CD's (and help
> to support Gentoo) if that would work.
>
> My last option, which I don't really want to do, is to bring my machine
> to work and do all from there. But I can't drink beer at the same
> time:-)
>
> All help and guidance appreciated,
>
> Thanks,
> John
Thanks to all who offered suggestions and advice. I'm in the process of
repartitioning and gathering enough documentation to get started this
weekend.

Once again, thanks. I'm sure I'll be back seeking guidance.

John

--
It is not unusual for those at the wrong end of the club to have a
clearer picture of reality than those who wield it.