On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 11:36:12 +0800, Ow Mun Heng wrote:

> > Have you installed vmware-tools into the guest OS? Once you do this,
> > and run them, you can shrink disk files, provided you did not create
> > them as flat files.

> Er.. No I've not done that yet as Based on what I read, it's not
> possible.

It is possible, I've done it. Follow the instructions in the VMware
manual.

> Linux Guest OS is something else and seems like it's only for SVGA
> graphhics IIRC.

It doesn't seem to be needed for graphics any more,. With older versions
of VMware you only got 16 colour graphics until vmware-tools was
installed. Now the main reason for installing it seems to be to be able
to do what you want.

--
Neil Bothwick

... Veni, Vidi, Visa - I came, I saw, I charged it.