Mark Knecht wrote:
On 4/19/05, Nanayakkara, Pubudu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

This may be the issue,

I only have one iso file..
"install-amd64-universal-2005.0.iso"

Gentoo installation guide doesn't say that I need to have more than one
file. So, I downloaded only the ISO file.

Cheers,
Pubudu.

Pubudu, OK, then this CD will not work. What you did is burn a acopy of the iso file to the CD, like a backup. You need to acutally burn the iso file image to disk to make it bootable.

   You'll have to look at your windows CD wirting program and figure
out how to do that. They all tend to be a little different, or read
it's help file and look for info on burning iso files. When you do
that you'll get a very different picture of a CD with folders and lots
of files. then it will be bootable.

good luck,
Mark

In Nero, you can burn it via Recorder > Burn Image

Otherwise, another solution (I personally have never used it, but is possible) is to use WinRAR to extract all the contents of the ISO file to a folder and burn the contents of the folder. Note that you're not to burn the folder itself, but the contents of the folder. The cd will take the place of that folder :)

HTH,
Mrugesh Karnik