James ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) scribbled:
> Jason Cooper <gentoo <at> lakedaemon.net> writes:
>

> > James (wireless <at> tampabay.rr.com) scribbled:
> > > Where brand/make of hdtv-receiver-card did you use
> > > for your PC?
> >
> > http://www.pchdtv.com
> >
> > It's *only* over-the-air though.
>
> That's OK, I was looking at a Samsung SyncMaster 403T 40"
> display. It has a vga (Dsub 15pin) connector.
> It's 1280x768 (15:9 aspect ratio). How do I know if this
> display watches (filters) for the "broadcast flag" over the
> Dsub 15pin connector or not?

If the input is VGA, then it has to comply with the VESA VGA standard.
There is no broadcast flag there, AFAIK.  If it can tune HDTV directly
(raw antenna input), then you'll have to check the manual or call the
manufacturer.

Regardless, if you feed it via the VGA port, then you won't have a
problem.

cooper.