NO , I meant  that  POSIX and C locales must be in /etc/locales.build not in /etc/env.d/02locale ;)
 You should add your_locale to /etc/env.d/02locale
Then you will have something similar to this

[ ~ ] pavel $ locale
LANG=ru_RU.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="ru_RU.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="ru_RU.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="ru_RU.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="ru_RU.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="ru_RU.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="ru_RU.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="ru_RU.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="ru_RU.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="ru_RU.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="ru_RU.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="ru_RU.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="ru_RU.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

On 4/30/05, Thomas Kirchner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
* On Apr 29 23:41, Pavel (gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org) wrote:
> Why you have POSIX locale ?
> Did you edit /etc/env.d/02locale ?
> You should add
>
> LC_ALL=""
> LANG=your locale.UTF-8

Honestly I've never understood locales terribly well, but POSIX must be
the default because the output of my `locale` is the same as his and I
haven't fiddled with anything.  So, that explains that.  My `locale -a`
lists C, POSIX, en_US, and en_US.utf8, but everything I use works
perfectly now and I have no need of special characters, so I haven't
"fixed" anything.
Tom