Is there an existing software (perhaps an education software) can do
the following function?

The student reads aloud a piece of text to the microphone.  The
software records the voice and compare it to the wave file
pre-recorded by the teacher, and gives out a score to indicate the
similarity between them.

This function will help students to pronounce properly when learning
foreign languages.

If there is no such a usable application exists, but a library can do
the voice compare algorithm, I would like to develop an app upon it.

For those who would suggest sphinx: the voice recognition technology
is not acceptable here because we are not teaching English.

--
Qiangning Hong
Get Firefox! <http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&amp;id=67907&amp;t=1>