On Fri, 6 May 2005, Craig Duncan wrote:

> I would suggest that you look into performance of different filesytems.
> If you are interested in a recommendation, I would choose Reiser over
> ext3 as it has better support for large numbers of small files typical
> with desktop usage.

Hi,
I heard lot of urban legend about flying away data from reiser3 & 4.
I can never validate whether was FS, or user error, but some performance
dropback for stability is more than acceptable for me.
I used to develop home, but I haven't got enough money for UPS, and two
HDD with mirroring. I used to create backups every month, but it gives just
a minimal safety.
So, thanks for your suggestion, but I won't use reiserFS, I know there
are thousands of users, with millions of workhours without any trouble,
but few negative feedbacks are enough me to fear ;)

TIA.
Cheers,
Tamas Sarga                             Sárga Tamás
--
Make the world confused!                Zavard össze a világot!
Smile on monday morning!                Mosolyogj hétfő reggel!