On 5/7/05, Ciaran McCreesh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sat, 7 May 2005 01:23:04 +0200 krzaq <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> | If "src_install ( )" is simply
> | make DESTDIR=${D} install || die
> | then i have to emerge it with -sandbox. Otherwise it dies on access
> | voliation when trying
> | to install the python part. This is understandable, since it tires to
> | write to /usr/.. directly.
> |
> | Is there a nice way to get the python part installed thru
> | distutils_src_install ( ) ?
>
> Are there separate make install targets for the c++ parts and the python
> parts? If not, you're probably screwed.

There are separate targets so it's doable the hard way.
The thing is ... well ... it's ugly.

I commented the line:
   make DESTDIR=${D} install || die
and uncommented the:
   einstall || die

and it works flawlessly. The ebuild HOWTO tells to use the first one in favor of
the second one. Why doesn't einstall fail with acces violation?

Im not very comfortable with all gentoo magic yet 'casue this is my
second ebuild.

--
Regards
Karol Krzak