On Sun, 08 May 2005 19:25:08 -0700, rob3 wrote:

> For using CDRW, etc I only know about how to use ide-scsi by passing to
> the kernel during boot.   But I get a warning during boot that it is
> deprecated, and instead I should be using ide-cd and give dev=/dev/hdX
> as device.  So I tried putting in hdc=ide-cd and I got an error message
> saying it was invalid.  I wonder what I am doing wrong?

ide-cd is not a kernel option, it is a module. Set CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDECD
in your kernel config, if your CDRW already shows up as /dev/hdc you
already have it set, and remove any ide-scsi or ide-cd options from your
bootloader config.

--
Neil Bothwick

QOTD:
        The only easy way to tell a hamster from a gerbil is that the
        gerbil has more dark meat.