vim text wrapping is controled by setting textwidth.
try issueing

:help textwidth

in vim.

In general I think it is a good idea. I'd rather have text prematurely
wrapped and wasting part of my 160x50 console display, than having
badly wrapped text that is hard to read.

On Tue, May 10, 2005 at 08:40:12AM -0700, Grant wrote:
> My new mutt+vim installation is wrapping text when I compose an email.
>  I was trying to figure out how to turn that off, but is it a good
> idea to wrap the text of email you send?  I would think most clients
> wrap text before displaying the message, but maybe some don't?
>
> - Grant
>
> --

*   Address:  45 Spelman Hall, Princeton University  08544     *
*     Phone:  x68958                  AIM:  AngularJerk        *
*    E-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]    From:  sep.dynalias.net   *
"`...You hadn't exactly gone out of your way to call
attention to them had you? I mean like actually telling
anyone or anything.'
`But the plans were on display...'
`On display? I eventually had to go down to the cellar to
find them.'
`That's the display department.'
`With a torch.'
`Ah, well the lights had probably gone.'
`So had the stairs.'
`But look you found the notice didn't you?'
`Yes,' said Arthur, `yes I did. It was on display in the
bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused
lavatory with a sign on the door saying "Beware of The
Leopard".'"

- Arthur singing the praises of the local council planning
department.
Sortir en Pantoufles: up 2 days, 16:04