I've been looking for something along these lines, myself, although
I'm also looking for one that does WYSIWYG based on arbitrary XSLTs.
Anyway, I've looked around and found a few things.

Jaxe looks like a promising possibility, over at
http://jaxe.sourceforge.net/. It can validate based on a schema, as
you need. It is a Java-written project, so it will run on your linux
boxes, or anything else, of course.

There is a very large list of editors at http://www.xml.com/pub/pt/3
you can look through, as well.