On Thursday 12 May 2005 19:09, Richard Fish wrote:
> Paul wrote:
> >>
> >>snip >

> >>What USE flags do you build xine-ui and xine-lib with?  Mine are:
> >
> >snip
> >[ebuild   R   ] media-video/xine-ui-0.99.3  +X +aalib -directfb -lirc +nls
> > 0 kB
> >[ebuild   R   ] media-libs/xine-lib-1.0-r2  +X -aac +aalib +alsa
> > (-altivec) +arts -cle266 -debug -directfb +dvd -dxr3 +esd -fbcon -ffmpeg
> > +flac -gnome -i8x0 +ipv6 -libcaca -mng +nls -nvidia +opengl +oss +png
> > +samba +sdl -speex -theora +v4l-vidix +vorbis -win32codecs -xinerama +xv
> > -xvmc 0 kB
> >
> >>Also, what CFLAGS do you have in /etc/make.conf?
> >
> >CFLAGS="-O2 -march=athlon-xp -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer"
> >CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
>
> Two suggestions.  First, try moving/deleting the ~/.xine directory.  I
> am thinking that you might be using a non-default UI skin, or you have
> some other configuration problem.  If that doesn't help, try rebuilding
> xine-lib with USE="-opengl -oss".  OpenGL can cause some problems in
> some applications, and OSS is just not necessary anymore.  You could
> also try disabling "v4l", which is not needed for playback.
>
> HTH.
>
> -Richard
Thanks for the help Richard but after trying your suggestions I still Have the
same problem.  This is so frustrating, I'm sure it will turn out to be
something simple, but I just can't see it.
I still don't know what xiTK is and if it's relevent.
regards
Paul
--
This message has been sent using kmail with gentoo linux