On 5/14/05, Mark Knecht <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[..]
> Thufir,
>    I think the point you may be missing here is that there is
> NOTHING  graphical about the Gentoo installation. It is nothing
> more than a very carefully crafted set of text commands.
[..]

ah, thanks for clarifying that.  I just burned and booted the
complete-cd, looks good.  I hesitate to proceed before I understand
how Gentoo handles partitions, however.  will it bring up a list of
partitions similar to:

1             FAT32
2             ext3

and then I enter "1" to format the first partition, and then similarly
select "1" install gentoo onto just the one partition?

thanks,

Thufir