> Using  K3b I can burn it as .img or iso9660,  cdrecord-ProDVD now
> complains the 'key' has expired and all Mr Schilling's readme pages are
> now password/username locked, so I don't know if that has any magic  in
> it.
> All (legal and decent) ideas considered.

I use the following script via a cron task that runs every 6 months (appears
to be the schedule when the key changes).

After it runs you can use the cdrecord-wrapper.sh script downloaded from
Schilling's site to drive cdrecord-prodvd.

Alternatively you can use the key that is provided in the wrapper file to
drive your existing cdrecord-prodvd by storing it in your environment vars
as indicated in the documentation.

Dave.

server bin # cat cdrecord-update.sh
#!/bin/sh
#
# Script to get the update for cdrecord-prodvd.
#

# change to the temp directory.
cd /tmp

# get the file from the ftp site
wget ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/ProDVD/cdrecord-wrapper.sh

# delete the current one that is in place
/bin/rm -f /usr/bin/cdrecord-wrapper.sh

# copy the file we just grabbed and put it where it should be.
cp cdrecord-wrapper.sh /usr/bin

# update the permissions on the file.
chmod 755 /usr/bin/cdrecord-wrapper.sh

# Done!