This looks very odd.
Given that this command is fine when run as root, I have the following
suggestion:

Create a new user and try again with that user. If it works, then it means that
the gnome configuration for the original user is damaged (which AFAIK happens
often.) in that case, maybe you'll have to probably re-do it.

Try that with the same command as before and look for the errors again.

Let's see if that works,

Hope this helps,

- AR

On 5/16/05, Ognjen Bezanov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> A. R. wrote:
>
> >Hello,
> >
> >Would you please provide more details about the actual error?
> >One good way to do that is to launch nautilus from a terminal with the
> >following command IIRC:
> >
> >    nautilus --no-desktop --file-browser
> >
> >and take a look at the ouput when it crashes.
> >
> >I used to use gnome, and I can say that nautilus was a bit buggy IMHO, but
> >I was using gnome 2.6.
> >

> >Regards,
> >
> >-AR
> >
> >On 5/16/05, Ognjen Bezanov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >

> >>I am using gnome with gentoo, but i have a major bug with nautilus which
> >>results in it constantly crashing.
> >>
> >>Whatever I click on a file nautilus crases and asks to be reloaded, I
> >>have tried remerging, updating, uninstalling, and a ton of other stuff,
> >>and I cant seem to fix it.
> >>
> >>does anyone know what the problem is? This cannot be a bug because if it
> >>was it would have rendered gnome unusable (and someone would have fixed
> >>it by now).
> >>
> >>Any tips welcome.
> >>
> >>--
> >>

> here is the error output from the command you specified:
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] ognen $ nautilus --no-desktop --file-browser
>
> ** (nautilus:13834): WARNING **: URI NOT LOADED
>
> ** (nautilus:13834): WARNING **: Error in parse: Error on line 1851 char
> 14: Odd  character 'T', expected a '>' character to end the start tag of
> element 'URIion '
>
> ** (nautilus:13834): WARNING **: Error on line 1851 char 14: Odd
> character 'T', expected a '>' character to end the start tag of element
> 'URIion'
>
> ** (eog:13859): WARNING **: Failed to lock:  Resource temporarily
> unavailable
>
> ** (eog:13859): WARNING **: URI NOT LOADED
>
> ** (eog:13859): WARNING **: Error in parse: Error on line 1851 char 14:
> Odd char acter 'T', expected a '>' character to end the start tag of
> element 'URIion'
>
> ** (eog:13859): WARNING **: Error on line 1851 char 14: Odd character
> 'T', expec ted a '>' character to end the start tag of element 'URIion'
>
> ** (eog:13859): WARNING **: URI NOT LOADED
>
> ** (eog:13859): WARNING **: Error in parse: Error on line 1851 char 14:
> Odd char acter 'T', expected a '>' character to end the start tag of
> element 'URIion'
>
> ** (eog:13859): WARNING **: Error on line 1851 char 14: Odd character
> 'T', expec ted a '>' character to end the start tag of element 'URIion'
>
> Any help appreciated.
>
> Whats interesting to note is that if i run the above command as root it
> works, without crashing. It seems to be a problem with my user
> account/permissions rather then the program itself.
>
> --

If the truth can't set you free, a lie will save you.