On May 18, 2005, at 12:41 PM, Wade Brown wrote:

If you don't want to bother compiling any sound on your system, then
add "-alsa -arts -esd" to your use flags.  It's more than likely one
of your packages found in the update --deep had the alsa tagged on
itself by default, which requires an override described above either
in /etc/make.conf or just on the command line.

thanks, this is what I am doing now. build has been running all afternoon. Had one lib problem which I was able to fix

thanks
Chad