On Mon, 23 May 2005, Antoine wrote:

> Basically we have to have a wisiwig environment for there to be any
> interest. Even minimal tags will be too much for some of the
> long-toothers in the company. I had a quick look at wikiwig, which looks
> pretty much like it fits the bill. Has anyone used it seriously?
> Maintained it? I just might be able to get Gentoo on one of our servers
> if I can get a really polished wisiwig interface that won't crash every
> ten minutes... having locking is also (now I think about it) going to be
> necessary (almost got subversion for the intranet, but the lack of
> locking was not a plus... I know you can do it with cvs but anyway).

You dont need to know any markup language to edit a wiki especially not
HTML. But you have the option of doing very simple markup using ordinary
characters. For example, in phpwiki:

*this
*causes
*each
*line
*be a
*bullet
*list

gives you a bullet list. After a few mins playing around with the crib
sheet it becomes pretty easy to work with. You dont really need any
unstable WYSISYG editor. Phpwiki comes with help built-in.