raptor schreef:
> i see there is a port of sylpheed-claws to gtk2+, but dont see an ebuild for
> it ?
> Does anyone used this version, is it already functional ? do u have some
> ebuild ?
> Can it coexist with the older version ?
>
> thanx alot in advance

Yes there is an ebuild (1.99), it's just masked (hard-masked and ~x86
masked). It is functional in the basics, but all of the available
plugins have not been updated to work with this version  (and those that
are have also been masked).

The GTK and GTK2 versions can apparently be installed side-by-side (at
least, the first time I recently installed the GTK2 version, the GTK
version installed as well, but I don't think it was as a dependency
since I was later able to install just the GTK2 version by itself), but
it looks like one overwrites the other (afaik, the binary names are the
same), so I wouldn't suggest installing both of them.

At this time, the GTK2 version is not useful to me without either a
plugin that is not yet available, or changing my mail system from POP3
to IMAP, and I hate GTK1 (it's just too ugly for me and I try to keep it
to the bare minimum), so that's all I know-- I have Sylpheed-Claws GTK2
installed, but haven't used it.

Holly