On Wed, 25 May 2005 10:27:14 -0400
"Budd, Tracy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Did I miss anything?

Here is what I did when I did the upgrade -

        - Boot LiveCD
        - mount the partitions
        - cd /mnt/gentoo
        - move etc/fstab, etc/conf.d/net, etc/passwd, etc/group, and others
                as appropriate - etc/X11/xorg.conf to /home/username/Sys_rebuild
        - move /usr/portage/distfiles /home/distfiles
        - move anything else you might want a copy of - USE flags in
/etc/make.conf, mirrors,etc.
        - Then delete directories - bin, sbin, lib, sys, etc, opt.
        - cd boot and delete just the kernel, system maps, initrd files.
        - cd usr and delete all but local, as I had some local items installed
that had data.
        - Download and install the Stage 1 or Stage 3 tarball
        - Download an install the portage snapshot
        - mv home/distfiles to usr/portage
        - Follow the handbook to build the system from Stage 1 or Stage 3.
        - Move the saved /etc/files back into place after the emerge system
completes.

Bob
--
-