Yes, that would be a problem <G>. Check /var.log/cups/ for the log files and see what they say.

On Tue, 31 May 2005, Holly Bostick wrote:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] schreef:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] schreef:
Holly Bostick wrote back:

It no longer tells me that it cannot find "tux" but it still says that
port 631 is aready in use and dies.

I would first open the CUPS administration web interface
(http://localhost:631 in your web browser) and see if the printer had
some stuck jobs in the queue, and stop them if so. If that didn't work,
I might even go so far as to remove the installed printer, stop CUPS,
restart CUPS, reopen the web interface and reinstall the printer.

I can't, cupsd dies quickly.

Well, that's a problem.

At what point does it die (what are you doing when it dies), and what
does it say with its dying breath (error message)?

Holly

--

Brett I. Holcomb
[EMAIL PROTECTED]