On Mon, 30 May 2005 08:40:20 -0500, cothrige wrote:

> > The new issue of Linux Format, out in the UK later this week, has
> > Gentoo 2005.0 on the DVD with over 2GB of source files. Everything you
> > need for a standard desktop setup on x86, amd64 or ppc.
>
> Hmmm.  I like the sound of that.  If that is true of America, where I
> am, I will buy that to give it a try.

It will be a few weeks before it reaches US shops.

> Of course, I will have to find
> the dvd coverdisc, and the local bookstore carries the cd I believe.
> That is sometimes a bad way to go such as this month's Slackware 10.1
> which turned out to have only disc 1.  Not much use that if you ask
> me.

There isn't a great deal on the second Slackware disc. Where supplying
only one disc would reduce the effectiveness greatly, we generally put
the distro on the DVD only, as with Gentoo.

--
Neil Bothwick

To err is human; to really foul things up requires a computer.