Am Dienstag, 31. Mai 2005 18:34 schrieb ext Richard Fish:

> I would suggest anybody looking for filesystem encryption checkout both
> dm-crypt and loop AES.  For me, loop-AES is faster, offers better
> security, and is easier to setup with encrypted GPG key files.

Are there any analysis about which is more secure?

dm-crypt is also not bound to a particular encryption or hash algorithm so
it's at least more flexible. Flexibility increases even more with LUKS
(Linux Unified Key Setup), which allows for multiple keys to be stored in
the volume header.

See http://luks.endorphin.org/about

Bye...

        Dirk
--
Dirk Heinrichs          | Tel:  +49 (0)162 234 3408
Configuration Manager   | Fax:  +49 (0)211 47068 111