On Wed, 2005-06-01 at 20:16 -0300, Claudinei Matos wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I have a list at mailman with all my clients. I've specified that all
> posts to the list are moderated.
> That works fine but I always have to approve the messages by admin interface.
> The situation is that I have a address that I want to trust to post to
> the list without moderation but I can't just allow that email 'cause
> anyone that post using this email address and so send whatever he want
> to my list.
> I'm wondering if is there a way to create some really trusted process
> like verifing the email  and even the IP of the sender. Could this be
> possible?
> Other possibility I think is to create a shell script that verify the
> post and send it automatically by verifiying some "string" at the
> message code.
>
> Well, I give a try to understand the mailman process but I didn't
> found a way to implement the possible "shell script" solution, so I
> really don't know how to solve my problem.
>
> Did someone implemented such a thing?
>
> Tks in advice,
>
> Claudinei Matos

While we're on the subject I was wondering this:  I am a moderator for
several Yahoo groups.  When a membership/moderation request comes in if
I want to approve it I just have to reply to the email, and if I wish to
reject the request I forward it to another address.  Is there a way to
do this with mailman?
-Michael Sullivan-