Khan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm thinking of installing gentoo on server with Intel® Extended Memory
> 64 Technology. Do I have to make something special in make.conf or to
> use usual flags:
>
> CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
> CFLAGS="-march=pentium4 -O3 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer"
> CXXFLAGS="-march=pentium4 -O3 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer"
> MAKEOPTS="-j5"

If you want to actually run the chip in 64-bit mode then install gentoo
as an amd64 system, i.e. follow the amd64 install guide.  The above
CHOST would be for running the chip in 32-bit mode (which may be what
you actually want to do) and should only be used if you follow the x86
install guide.

Alastair.