Charles,
   I'm very, very lost looking at this Yellow Dog stuff. I think I'm
going to be no help at all. Please excuse me if I get it totally
wrong. Up front I cannot help with the unknown-block(0.0) part.

   When I've seen the message you're getting coming from grub on my
x86 systems it generally means that I've messed up what drive I've
told grub to look on.
Making the assumption that what ever is being used here instead of
grub works the same way as grub then the question that comes to mind
for me is whether the firewire drive is really sda?

1) Are your other drives called hdX or sdX?

2) Does this boot manager have the same capability as grub to allow
you edit at the command line within it like grub? If so then you can
do something like

(sd

and hit tab. If it works it would give you all the choices it believes
you have. If it tells you

sda
sdb

then you try

(sdb

and hit tab again and it would print a list of partitions. Possibly
what you are thinking of as sda11 is readlly sdb11, etc.

   Wish I could help more.

BTW: My interest is in 1394. I helped write some of the IEEE specs and
use 1394 a lot myself.

good luck,
Mark