--- Zac Medico <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- Zac Medico <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > Hi there.
> > > Right now, Im typing this in webmail because
> > > none of my Mozilla products are working right.
> > > And now that I think of it, Gaim is doing the
> same
> > > thing.
> > >
> > > What happens is:
> > > gaim)
> suddenly
> > > closes.
> > >

> > Hi Omega21,
> >
> > Do you remember what you did just before this
> > problem
> > started?  Run one of those apps from a terminal so
> > you
> > can see if there are any clues in stderr.
> >
> > Zac
> >

> I forgot to mention that if there are no clues on
> stderr then you can try a debugging tool such as
> strace:
>
> strace -f -F -o ~/firefox-strace.txt firefox
>
> The ouput file may have a clue.
>
> Zac

I think I figured it out. Here is my output:
bash-2.05b$ firefox
\No running windows found
/home/omega21/.gtk_qt_engine_rc:62: error: unexpected
character `{', expected character `}'
/usr/libexec/mozilla-launcher: line 547: 16841
Segmentation fault      "$mozbin" "$@"
firefox-bin exited with non-zero status (139)

I now realize that Gaim, Firefox & Thunderbird are all
GTK, and Im using qt-gtk-engine. That must be the
issue.

Can I get these things to work though with QT-GTK,
because GTK without a theme -- well, no one deserves
to see it. :)

Ian