--- Rob <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Sorry for not being specific enough.  What I mean
> was that by specifying
> /dev/hdc as the cd burner, the only program I could
> get to work was
> x-cdroast.  None of the other burner programs that I
> emerged and tested
> would work with the ATAPI interface.  So that is why
> I went back to the
> deprecated ide-scsi interface.
>
> So again I am asking, did I do something wrong?  Or
> am I just caugh in a
> temporary transition to /dev/hdc?
>
> Thanks alot!!  Rob

All the cd/dvd burning frontends are just that,
frontends.  They all use the same backend command line
programs to handle the actual burning.  These backend
programs include cdrecord, growisofs, and cdrdao.

This means that theoretically (maybe with a little
troubleshooting), any frontend will work with the
ATAPI interface.

Zac