Hi,

This isn't a Gentoo related problem, but a hardware
one (I know next to nothing about hardware).

First of all I have a Micron computer with a floppy
drive, DVD-read drive (/dev/hdc), CDR drive
(/dev/hdd), a master harddrive (/dev/hde), and a slave
harddrive (/dev/hdf).

Yesterday my computer was running fine.  Today my dad
put in a DVD burner where the CDR was previously
(/dev/hdd).  He also took both harddrives out and put
them back in because the ribbon (whatever it's called,
the grey cable that goes into each drive) was twisted.

Now, when I try to start up my computer, it doesn't
start at all, it just goes "Beep.... (wait 3
seconds)...Beep.... (wait 3 seconds)...Beep.... (wait
3 seconds)..." over and over.  It doesn't show the
splash screen for the video card, or for the
manufacturer (Micron).

Any idea why it would do that? What do the beeps mean?
I put the CDR back in instead of the DVD burner, and
it still gives the same error.

Last time I let my dad touch my computer haha.

Thanks for any help,

Bill Six