Tim Igoe wrote:

It seems to me that jade is linked against libsop.so.3, however I only
appear to have a copy of libsop.so.4.  I've not unmasked or otherwise
tried to do anything fancy - in fact I'm not particularly interested in
either Jade or Docbook-sgml - however it seems they are dependencies.

Am I the only one getting this problem?

It was mentioned only days ago on this very list.

The fix is

emerge openjade
emerge -uD world
Thanks... I'm not sure why my search of the list didn't turn up that discussion... that fixes things.

As an asside, I'd have expected, assuming this is a simple issue that packages should now be dependent on openjade and not jade, that the portage tree would have been updated to reflect this? Is this planned? I wonder why it seems to have taken so long?

Steve