On Jun 13, 2005, at 1:14 PM, Peter Karlsson wrote:

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005, Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC wrote:

yes, but most knowledgable people know that exim blows the pants off qmail and postfix.

Ok, then perhaps you could explain why a mail server (running exim4) suddenly stops to relay emails (this worked before) and then all of a sudden starts to relay them again (without me changing any settings)... I have looked for clues in the logs and tried the debug mode but I still haven't understood why. Help?

I would suggest you go to the very active exim-users mail list and be prepared to show your config and the log entries. You can find a link to the mail list at www.exim.org . The author of exim is very forthcoming and helpful as well as the well established and knowledgable userbase.

Without a copy of your config and the log file entries, I cannot start to answer your questions.

I have been running exim since 0.5x (since 97) and it has been rock solid for me and everyone I know including the ISPs who handle millions of email addresses with it.

best
Chad

Best regards

Peter K