Hello,

I have an old gentoo system (2004.0), and I want to upgrade to 2005.0.
I have xfree installed, but it's no problem installing xorg instead, but I would very much like to do it clean, by uninstalling xfree.

And here comes the problem: xfree is not in portage tree anymore. emerge -C xfree says that xfree is not a package! It may not be in the actual portage tree, but I have it on my machine, it's there!
Also, equery list xfree runs into the same problem.
The only way I can see the phantom-package xfree is using the (deprecated!) qpkg (qpkg -l xfree). I guess I could use qpkg to get all files installed by xfree, delete them by hand, and install xorg, but this seems like a dirty trick.

Is there any way to do this clean?

Thank you,
Catalin