On Thu, 2005-06-16 at 22:11 -0700, Zac Medico wrote:
> Iain Buchanan wrote:
> > However, when I start evolution from an applet launcher, it seems to
> > ignore this locale, but when I start it from the shell, the locale is
> > correct.  I even tried making the launcher run `bash -c "evolution"` to
> > try and get the environment from bash, but no luck.
>
> Did you restart your desktop environment (gnome, kde or whatever)?  It
> needs to be relaunched with the new environment variables.

yes, I've restart gnome and rebooted many times (I changed the setting a
few days ago)

>   Have you followed all the steps in the localization guide?
>
> http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/guide-localization.xml

I followed the important one: setting LANG to "en_AU"

$ locale
LANG=en_AU
LC_CTYPE="en_AU"
LC_NUMERIC="en_AU"
LC_TIME="en_AU"
LC_COLLATE="en_AU"
LC_MONETARY="en_AU"
LC_MESSAGES="en_AU"
LC_PAPER="en_AU"
LC_NAME="en_AU"
LC_ADDRESS="en_AU"
LC_TELEPHONE="en_AU"
LC_MEASUREMENT="en_AU"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_AU"
LC_ALL=

but still no go when started from the taskbar.

thanks,
--
Iain Buchanan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>