On Fri, Jun 17, 2005 at 10:10:10PM -0400, Brett I. Holcomb wrote
> It was a baselayout change.  If you'd checked all the changes you would
> have seen much of the stuff has moved to /etc/conf.d files.  For example,
> rc.conf is stripped down but the items that were there are now in files in
> /etc/conf.d.

m450 root # man rc.conf
No manual entry for rc.conf

  I'm willing to RTFM, now all I have to do is FTFM (*FIND* TFM).  Is
there a description somewhere that I can read?  I don't want to dump
*ALL* my old rc.conf settings before I know what they're being replaced
with.  I've put in some work to set up my system the way *I* want it set
up, and I don't want to have everthing go back to old defaults again.

--
Walter Dnes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
My musings on technology and security at http://tech_sec.blog.ca