Dave S schreef:
> Holly Bostick wrote:

<snip>
> cd to the directory
>
> bash-2.05b$ ls
> 36x36  README  index.theme  makePngFromSvg.sh  scalable
> bash-2.05b$ cat README
> This is a mostly complete svg icon set based on SGI's Indigo Magic Desktop.

<snip>

>>Some themes available on kde-look.org and (less often)
>>art.gnome.org or gnome-look.org need to be compiled first (they're
>>actually source tarballs rather than gnome-installable themes).
>>

> I did not know that, but the README does not suggest compiling & there
> is no make file

I understand that--- but that script

makePngFromSvg.sh

must be in there for some reason, mustn't it? If you didn't have to
convert the .svg files, why would you need it? Because you were maybe
still using GNOME 2.4? Yeah, right. Well, OK, it's possible that the
theme has been around for a long time, from before GNOME fully supported
SVG. I take it back.

Anyway, why don't you just make a folder in your ~/.themes folder, with
the name of the theme, and drag the 36x36, index.theme, and scalable
items into it. That's all the theme manager does anyway.

Alternatively, open a file manager or file-roller as root, and extract
the same files to a "theme_name" folder in /usr/share/icons, which is
where the theme would be installed if it was installed as part of the
system.

One of those two is probably a better idea anyway; the theme manager can
be kind of a bear and doesn't usually work well for me anyway.

HTH,
Holly