Good evening,

This evening I ran across something I have have not seen in my long
experience with Gentoo (about 2 months now). I just did an

# emerge --sync
# emerge -auDv world

which returned

Calculating world dependencies -
!!! All ebuilds that could satisfy ">=sys-devel/libperl-5.8.6" have been
masked.
!!! One of the following masked packages is required to complete your
request:
- sys-devel/libperl-5.8.6 (masked by: ~x86 keyword)

For more information, see MASKED PACKAGES section in the emerge man page
or
section 2.2 "Software Availability" in the Gentoo Handbook.
!!!    (dependency required by "dev-lang/perl-5.8.6-r4" [ebuild])

Am i reading this right? A stable package has an unstable dependency !

Please let me know if you beleive this is an error in the perl ebuild.

Thanks,
John

--
The revolution will not be televised.